Milan Metal Systems is now hiring for Maintenance-Machine Repair for both 1st and 2nd shifts. The Maintenance-Machine Repair performs basic mechanical repair to production machinery and facilities’ equipment. By developing an increasing understanding of plant equipment and machinery, the machine repairman helps maintain the productively and quality of the manufacturing operation. The skilled repairman performs routine maintenance tasks and timely fixes when machine breakdown occurs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate repair parts by using company equipment such as drills, lathes, mills, pipe bending equipment, welders, cutting torches, wrenches and other hand/machine tools.
- Perform set up and take down of equipment.
- Perform adjustments and repairs on conveyors, pumps, engines, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and production machines to ensure proper operation.
- Welding by various methods appropriate for various jobs.
- Cleaning, lubricating and greasing machinery according to the prescribed schedule of preventative maintenance.
- Complete maintenance logs and other schedules.
- Maintain good safety and housekeeping practices.
Starting wage: $23.00 to $28.00 an hour (depending on experience)
- High School diploma/GED
- Prefer 4 years of related trade instruction
- 8-10 years’ experience in the trade
- Certification in a technical trade such as hydraulics and machine repair preferred.
- Able to read basic blue prints, read simple electrical diagrams and schematics.
- Understand fluid power dynamics, principles of lubrication, basic plumbing, welding technology and pneumatic controls. .
- Have or be able to obtain a Powered Industrial License in all necessary equipment