This posting is for a full-time, entry level, foundry laborer. Working hours are from 6:00AM – 2:30PM, M-F; Occasional weekend overtime may be offered in excess of a 40 hour work week. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs any combination of following tasks in foundry concerned with melting metal, pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas: Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry by hand, using wheelbarrow or cart, or by loading them onto conveyor.
- Breaks sand mold from finished casting, using bar or hammer.
- Sweeps and cleans work areas.
- Breaks up used sand molds with bar, shovels sand into drying oven and sand-mixing machine, and sifts sand through motor-driven screen for reuse in new molds.
- Assembles flasks, using wrench, bolts, and tap screws. Fits together, clamps, and unclamps cope and drag on production line.
- Cleans castings, patterns, and flasks, using wire brush. Finish grinding of castings to remove flash and undesired indications.
- Removes gates, sprues, and other projections from castings with sledge, pneumatic hammer, band saw, and grinding tools.
- Sprays binder on surface of sand molds.
- Sorts castings into pairs or groups for assembly.
- Prepares core molds.
- Breaks up slag, using hammer, and shovels it into buckets for removal to dump.
- Chips out worn crucible and ladle linings, using bar.
- May be designated according to worker assisted or according to duty performed as Casting Carrier; Casting Sorter; Crucible-Tender Helper; Flask Carrier.
- May be designated: Mold Clamper; Mold-Closer Helper; Molder Helper; Molder Helper, Machine; Mold Stacker; Pattern Carrier; Pattern Cleaner; Sand-Screener Operator; Sand Shoveler; Sand Wheeler; Shake-Out Worker; Skimmer; Slag Worker; Sprue Knocker.
Must demonstrate autonomy and initiative in daily activities.
Must work well with others in a team atmosphere.
Must maintain attendance and dependability out on the floor.