Muskegon River Youth Home in Evart, Michigan, is looking for experienced Medical Assistants/CENAs to be part of our medical team. This position administers medication and treatments under the direct supervision of the Medical Supervisor, RN, and practitioner. In addition, this position will provide medical care to clients and perform related tasks at the facility in accordance with the plan of care assigned by the practitioner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer prescribed medication to clients and maintain related records under the supervision of Medical Supervisor.
- Contribute to the health assessment and well being of each client.
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, staff, and health care team.
- Follows all medication policies and procedures, including the medication administration policy.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of medication administration, care provided and observations for clients.
- Maintain accuracy and documentation of client records and information in the EHR system.
- Recognizes and reacts appropriately to an emergency.
- Completes competency as required by the job.
- Maintains professional legal/ethical behavior.
- Maintains safe and therapeutic environments for clients.
- Obtain vitals, treat wounds, observe client behaviors and properly document.
- Maintain rights, privacy and dignity of clients.
- Complete intake process for all new clients, including paperwork, medication count, and overall testing with triage.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Medical Supervisor, RN, and practitioner.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to interact comfortably with adolescent youth. To be neither afraid nor naive concerning them.
- Ability to remain alert, observant, and physically able to respond appropriately to situations.
- Ability to use medical knowledge and experience to triage clients and use first aid knowledge to treat.
- Must be CPR certified and First Aid certified.
- Basic knowledge of medications, medical terminology and medical conditions.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of medical equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, documents, and discussions related to clients and facility functions.
- Must pass medication test with 80% accuracy.
License or certification in:
- Medical Assistant
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Must be CPR certified with First Aid
- GED or Diploma
- Experience in health care/medical setting for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience in medication passing.
- Experience in triage and first aid treatment.
- Experience with behavioral issues and adolescents.
Job Type: Full-Time