Straits Steel & Wire, LLC, has IMMEDIATE openings for Full-Time Production Associates at our Ludington Facility!
Facility Address: 902 N Rowe St Ste 100, Ludington, MI 49431
What we offer:
Straits Steel & Wire, LLC, we focus on our core values:
- Honesty, Integrity, Accountability
- Caring About People
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork & Communication
- Change, Improvement & Innovation
Straits Steel & Wire, LLC. offers great benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, & 401K to name a few.
What you will do:
- Produce parts to quality and production standards
- Load and unload components
- Load and unload material onto equipment for processing
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Start up and stop equipment
- Clean production work area
- Properly dispose of all scrap produced during shift
- Take instructions from Shift Supervisor
- Attend daily shift start safety meetings
- Follow all safety rules and requirements
What you need to succeed:
- Come to work on time for your scheduled shift
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds continuously
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses and hearing protection.
- This position requires frequent standing, walking and use of hands and fingers.
- This position also requires occasional stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Basic math skills required.
- Desire to learn both this position and be open to cross-training and move to other areas when needed
How to Apply:
Visit 902 N. Rowe St. Ludington, MI to apply in person.
The following are preferred for these positions:
- (Preference) High School diploma or GED
Ability to follow detailed instructions and work safely with required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe work, Quality output, Reliable attendance record, Positive Teamwork
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $11.00 per hour
We have an aggressive wage grow-in schedule, where you will top out in 18-months.