To perform skilled preventative and predictive maintenance as a senior level mechanic working safely under minimum supervision.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety, quality and environmental rules and regulations
- Perform complex preventative and predictive maintenance functions
- Perform complex equipment repairs
- Install, maintain and trouble shoot power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Install, maintain and trouble shoot pumps, fans, bearings and conveyance systems
- Perform other duties as necessary
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Ability to read and understand all safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Knowledge of maintenance equipment, tools and techniques
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of safe operation of cranes, platform trucks, electrical hoist, cutting and welding tools
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and written repairs manuals.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to work safely in a variety of temperatures with the physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated mathematical and mechanical ability
- Strong fabrication skills
- Working knowledge of lubrication systems and techniques.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office Suite
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- 2 years training in industrial arts, vocational / technical school mechanics program
- 2-5 years general maintenance experience preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Mill environment subject to weather extremes, noise, dust and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Frequent lifting, bending, squatting and stooping
Other duties or responsibilities not listed above may be assigned as necessary.