Project Service Inc (PSI) is currently hiring for a full-time Loss Prevention Officer (LPO) position in the Escanaba, MI area. Starting pay is $17.00/hour. Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401K, and paid holidays/vacation.
Job Summary: Loss Prevention Officer will work as part of a team, providing coverage of entrance gates and on patrol in 12-hour rotating shifts, enforcing safety and security regulations, responding to fire and hazmat emergencies, while maintaining security and preventing loss.
- Conducts Loss Prevention audits and inspections throughout the entire facility as required
- Enforce safety and security regulations and policies
- Emergency response/Incident Command (fire/hazmat) and first aid
- Train and communicate Loss Prevention Policies and Procedures
- Ensures the proper operation of all emergency alarm systems
- Ensures proper report writing and record keeping
- Control vehicle and visitor traffic
- Prevention of fire and theft
- Miscellaneous duties as requested loss prevention position
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who are certified Firefighter I or II, medical first responder, degree in criminal justice, loss prevention, fire science or equivalent experience
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 150 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Reliable transportation
- Must be safety conscious
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills and pay attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- Self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Must pass drug test
- Must pass criminal background check
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an “At Will” employee
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.