Western Market is a diverse, fast-paced work environment that challenges individuals seeking to grow into skilled, knowledgeable and passionate team members. Our Prepared Foods counter features delicious, house-made dishes with a gourmet twist. You'll be working on a team and we'll expect you to bring a spirit of collaboration and cooperation to the Prepared Foods Department.
The Prepared Foods Dishwasher is responsible for washing all dishes and kitchen equipment by hand and storing cleaned items in designated areas; for stocking all supplies in pantry areas, freezer and refrigerators as they are delivered; removing trash; and sweeping and mopping floors.
YOU'LL HAVE TO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO APPLY:
- Be available at least 35 hours per week, consistently
- Be available at least 5 days per week, consistently
- Have open availability, including weekends
- Be available for shifts beginning at 8A
- Have reliable transportation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wash, dry and store dishes and equipment following proper sanitation guidelines.
- Empty trash.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Maintain adequate supply levels of sanitation supplies.
- Assist other Prepared Foods Team Members as directed.
- Maintain and communicate Department supply and material needs to the Director of Prepared Foods & Bakery.
- Attend and actively contribute to Department meetings as requested.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to other Prepared Foods Team Members as instructed by Director of Prepared Foods & Bakery.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Positive attitude.
- Experience working as a contributing and effective team member.
- Excellent work ethic that emphasizes efficiency and precision.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Ability to switch tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Knowledge of scratch cooking and deep appreciation for seasonal, fresh cooking desired.
- ServSafe Certification desired.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Working conditions include a fast-paced retail environment that involves long intervals of standing, crouching and reaching while moving product. Exposure to extreme cold (coolers and freezers) and heat (cooking equipment) for extended periods of time. Little to no outdoor work is required.
- Language Skills: basic.
- Mathematical Skills: minimum.
- Reasoning Ability: basic.
- Equipment used: sanitation equipment and supplies; mops, brooms and dust pans; kitchen production equipment.
- Computer skills: none.
Western Market Team Members enjoy a 20% discount on store purchases for their household (some restrictions apply). Full-time Team Members qualify for benefits after a 90-day introductory period.
Check out our website to learn more about Western Market: westernmkt.com!
While the above description encompasses the majority of the responsibilities required of the position, at any time the Management may request that an employee perform reasonable additional duties, which may be required for the safe and smooth operation of the store. Western Market expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Western Market’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.