We’re looking for an individual with hustle and self-direction to keep our Grocery Department selves looking full and spectacular! Western Market is a diverse, fast-paced work environment that challenges individuals seeking to grow into skilled, knowledgeable and passionate team members. Our Grocery Department continues to refine its focus to feature locally produced items and the finest natural ingredients for the home gourmet. We prefer someone with some grocery experience and a passion for high quality, tasty grocery and specialty products. This position will satisfy someone with an adventurous palate, a passion for locally produced foods and the ambition to complete tasks quickly and accurately. You’ll be part of our marvelous Grocery Team and will be expected to bring a spirit of collaboration and cooperation to the Grocery Department.
You’ll have to meet the following requirements in order to apply:
- Open availability, including weekends.
- Be available at least 32 hours per week.
- Have reliable transportation.
The Grocery Team Member executes directives related to stocking, rotating, merchandising and packing inventory given by the Department Manager. The Grocery Team Member provides consistent, professional presentation of products and goods, while servicing customer needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience working as a contributing and effective team member.
- Excellent work ethic that emphasizes efficiency and precision.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Ability to switch tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Working conditions include a fast-paced retail environment that involves long intervals of standing, crouching and reaching while moving product. Exposure to cold temperatures (coolers and freezers) is required. Little outdoor work is required.
- Equipment used: price gun; price scanner; cardboard baler; ice machine; POS system.
Western Market Team Members enjoy a 20% discount on store purchases for their household (some restrictions apply).
Check out our website to learn more about Western Market: westernmkt.com!
While the above description encompasses the majority of the responsibilities required of the position, at any time the Management may request that an employee perform reasonable additional duties, which may be required for the safe and smooth operation of the store. Western Market expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Western Market’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.