We’re looking for someone who not only loves food, but is passionate about its preparation, presentation and quality and can work mornings. Western Market is a diverse, fast-paced work environment that challenges individuals seeking to grow into skilled, knowledgeable and passionate team members. Our Juice Department is renowned for offering the freshest, highest quality fresh pressed and cold pressed juices in Metro Detroit. You’ll be working on a team and we’ll expect you to bring a spirit of collaboration and cooperation to the Juice Department.
You’ll have to meet the following requirements in order to apply:
- Have open availability.
- Must be available Saturday and Sunday. No exceptions!
- Be available for morning and mid-shifts
- Be available 30 hours per week, consistently.
- Have reliable transportation.
The Juice Department Team Member is responsible for producing in-house juices; stocking the retail juice displays; fulfilling wholesale juice orders; and proper cleaning and sanitation of the juicing station.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take daily pars for retail production.
- Track waste and shrink.
- Produce and maintain juice inventory daily, closely following recipes and in a timely manner for retail and wholesale.
- Maintain the highest level of quality control standards at all times, taking special care to follow handling standards for conventional and organic product.
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness in all production and stock areas, including careful maintenance and cleaning of commercial juicing equipment.
- Assist in the training of Produce Team members.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Positive attitude.
- Experience working as a contributing and effective team member.
- Excellent work ethic that emphasizes efficiency and precision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of proper produce handling.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Ability to switch tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Safe food handling knowledge.
Western Market Team Members enjoy a 20% discount on store purchases for their household (some restrictions apply). Full-time Team Members qualify for benefits after a 90-day introductory period.
Check out our website to learn more about Western Market: westernmkt.com!
While the above description encompasses the majority of the responsibilities required of the position, at any time the Management may request that an employee perform reasonable additional duties, which may be required for the safe and smooth operation of the store. Western Market expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Western Market’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.