We’re looking for someone who not only loves food, but is passionate about its preparation, presentation and quality and can work mornings. Western Market is a diverse, fast-paced work environment that challenges individuals seeking to grow into skilled, knowledgeable and passionate team members. Our Produce Department is renowned for offering the freshest, highest quality produce in Metro Detroit. You’ll be working on a team and we’ll expect you to bring a spirit of collaboration and cooperation to the Produce Department.
You’ll have to meet the following requirements in order to apply:
- Have open availability, including weekends. Must be available Sundays.
- Must be available Saturday and Sunday for opening shifts.
- Be available for closing shifts, 2-10P.
- Be available 35 hours per week, consistently.
- Have reliable transportation.
The Produce Team Member is responsible for production, inventory control, quality control, merchandising, rotating and stocking items on the sales floor as delegated by the supervisor on duty. This position may include the preparation of fresh salads and soup items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain inventory daily.
- Maintain the highest level of quality control standards at all times.
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness in all production and stock areas.
- Merchandise and price items on sales floor.
- Maintain proper temperature of samples and other items requiring ice/refrigeration.
- Assist in the training of Produce Team members.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Working conditions include a fast-paced retail environment that involves long intervals of standing, crouching and reaching while moving product. Exposure cold temperatures while performing work in meat and poultry coolers. Some outdoor work is required.
- Language Skills: basic.
- Mathematical Skills: basic.
- Reasoning Ability: basic.
- Equipment used: stove; Hobart scales; price gun; juicers; stove; knives; food processor; cardboard bailer; pallet jack; ice machine.
- Computer skills: none.
Western Market Team Members enjoy a 20% discount on store purchases for their household (some restrictions apply). Full-time Team Members qualify for benefits after a 90-day introductory period.
Check out our website to learn more about Western Market: westernmkt.com!
While the above description encompasses the majority of the responsibilities required of the position, at any time the Management may request that an employee perform reasonable additional duties, which may be required for the safe and smooth operation of the store. Western Market expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Western Market’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.