We’re seeking an enthusiastic individual who is available on evenings and weekends. Western Market is a diverse, fast-paced work environment that challenges individuals seeking to grow into skilled, knowledgeable and passionate team members. We enjoy a strong reputation for excellent customer service and we’re looking for someone with a cheerful disposition who can contribute positively to our customer service team. We prefer individuals with some cashier experience and the self-motivation to complete tasks quickly, accurately and with attention to detail.
You’ll have to meet the following requirements in order to apply:
- Have open availability, including weekends and evenings.
- Be available to work up to 35 hours per week, consistently.
- Have reliable transportation.
The Cashier completes customer purchase transactions, assists in basic cleaning and product stocking, and provides exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proper handling of all customer purchase transactions, including the tender of cash, checks, credit and debit cards, gift cards.
- Perform till countdowns as needed.
- Perform light cleaning duties as directed.
- Take and submit Customer Requests as needed.
- Stock and merchandise Grocery and other Department products as directed.
- Answer department phone calls and take messages.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Working conditions include a fast-paced retail environment that involves long intervals of standing, crouching and reaching while moving product. Some seasonal outdoor work (providing oversight to Garden Center Cashier personnel) is required.
- Equipment used: cash register.
Western Market Team Members enjoy a 20% discount on store purchases for their household (some restrictions apply). Full-time Team Members qualify for benefits after a 90-day introductory period.
Check out our website to learn more about Western Market: westernmkt.com!
While the above description encompasses the majority of the responsibilities required of the position, at any time the Management may request that an employee perform reasonable additional duties, which may be required for the safe and smooth operation of the store. Western Market expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Western Market’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.