Job Description: The Administrative Assistant role is an important position that requires a combination of administrative, member relations, event planning, and social media skills. The Ferndale Area Chamber is filled with members creating a vibrant, innovative community. An important member of the business community, the ideal candidate will be professional, upbeat and energetic, possess a love for Ferndale, and have a positive attitude with outstanding communication skills.
Supervision: Reports directly to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Chamber communications with public, via social media platforms, the eBlast, press releases
- Engage members through personal interactions, and communications, via handwritten letters, emails, and telephone calls
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs
- Maintain office area in a neat and organized condition
- Collect information for the event calendar, keep calendar current by updating it on a regular basis
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries
- Coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations
- Organize and file important documents electronically and in hard copy form
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses
- Assist the Executive Director and other staff with daily tasks
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to track sponsorship, ticket sales, and other Chamber revenue
- Well-developed organization skills with a solid orientation to detail
- A self-starter with an ability to multi-task
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative, drive, common sense, creative flair and flexibility
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Physical Effort: The position involves minimal physical exertion, except when assisting the production of a special event or promotion. Walking and lifting may be required on specific occasions.
Work Environment: Primarily work in the office and outside of the office via member events and programs.