Magna Mirrors in Newaygo is looking for 4 Team Coordinators to help lead their production team!
The team coordinator leads the work team to ensure quality products are produced to meet customer requirements; ensure that standardized work is in place and followed; and serves as a facilitator to the work team in problem solving, conflict resolution, and continuous improvement and training.
These supervisory positions are available second and third shifts.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all tasks follow standardized work and run to cycle times.
- Coach, train and instruct team members to desired production performance using job instruction methods.
- Facilitates efficient meetings to develop continuous improvement in the assigned areas.
- Provide first response to line problems, document any problems, resolve when possible and follow up with appropriate resources groups to ensure problems are corrected.
- Performs quality checks in assigned areas, including SPC charting, visual audits, interpretation of quality standards, scrap audits and more.
- Monitors and records efficiency, downtime and scrap on a hourly basis for the assigned area, as well as accurately tracks and measures defects and performs defect analysis.
- Works with team to ensure build sequence follows documented standardized work.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance and minor machine adjustments.
- Monitors and maintains 5S in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
The right candidate must have a mechanical aptitude, have effective interpersonal skills, and have effective written and verbal communication skills.