Magna Mirrors in Newaygo is looking for a full-time Manufacturing Set-up Technician to join its team!
The right person for the job will change molds, dies and fixtures in accordance with local procedures that may include minor tool repair and/or insert changes. This person also will perform start-up and shut-down of molding machines and ensure that all sub-systems are operational. They also will assist and/or perform maintenance on equipment, such as molding machines, robots, hydraulic pumps, gauges, heaters and other auxiliary equipment.
This is a level 4-5 position on second or third shift.
Other essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform housekeeping duties and maintain facilities, including cleaning, organizing, disposing of grease/fluids etc.
- Ensure that raw materials supporting the molding functions are made available in accordance with procedures that may involve operating a hi-lo.
- Follow procedures pertaining to safety and/or hazardous waste handling, which includes prescribed lock-out procedures when working on equipment to prevent injury.
- Perform quality inspection of parts after changeovers to ensure quality standards/guidelines are met.
- Properly handle and dispose of any hazardous waste materials in respective areas.
- Programs, verifies and adjusts machine processes within prescribed parameters.
- Work with manufacturing engineering team to problem solve and set future process specifications based on statistical analysis.
- Work with Group Leaders to establish preventative maintenance events and ensure maintenance program is functioning at optimum level.
- Other duties as assigned.