The Education and Assessment Specialist is responsible to supervise the design, development, and implementation of the program's basic skills, pre-GED testing, GED curriculum, and all assessment/testing. The Education and Assessment Specialist is responsible for resolving customer issues/concerns/problems. This person is responsible for the overall coordination of the integration of basic skills training, GED prep, WorkKeys prep and assessment/testing as required or requested and any special classes and/or projects sponsored through DCC. The Education and Assessment Specialist is responsible for having knowledge of all policies/procedures for the DCC Workforce Development Programs (and others as applicable).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Researches, develops, and implements a curriculum in adult basic skills education and GED prep, based on customer and program needs.
- Teaches customers basic skills and the GED prep curriculum. Provides follow up and/or case management as appropriate.
- Schedules lab hours/classes in basic skills and provides staff coverage for educational classes/workshops and assessment/testing.
- Develops policies and procedures for the operation of all assessment/testing of customers.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of trainings/workshops, such as ONET.
- Oversees and administers standardized tests and scoring.
- Interprets test results of all career guidance assessment materials. Also interprets the results of any testing candidate by request.