SUMMARY: Reed City Tool, a leading tooling company in customer satisfaction, is searching for 2 Mold Makers with experience in working with plastic injection molds. The Mold Makers work from designs, to build and repair plastic injection molds to customer standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot tool problems on our shop floor and customer locations.
- Performs conventional machining as listed: lathe-turning, drilling, threading; tool sharpening; mill work; surface grinding, tapping/threading and polishing.
- Performs conventional machining, spotting, timing, completion of details and assembly of molds.
- Performs revisions, repairs and upgrades to customers molds.
- Skilled operation of all machines and tools necessary to build and repair molds.
- Ability to review prints/programs and develop an action plan to complete the job.
- Maintain quality standards of Reed City Tool and its customers.
- Work closely with internal personnel to produce and repair the necessary components.
- Identify process and equipment issues and inform necessary supervisors.
- Able and willing to participate with 5S, Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
- Work closely with Mold Apprentices to ensure they are developing key traits of the trade.
- Able to operate Reed City Tool’s machine shop equipment to repair damaged tooling and build new tooling.
- Able to determine causes of mold defects and corrective action to repair them.
- Able to work with little supervision
- Understanding of plastic processing requirements
- Mechanical knowledge and skills to disassemble, clean, troubleshoot and assemble molds.
- Able to determine clearances and verify print dimensions
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques
- Work methodically and meticulously during repairs and new builds of molds.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Knowledge of tool design and construction techniques
- Read and interpret designs in CAD
- Able to follow work instructions, safety guidelines and company policies.
- Familiar with and able to use inspection tools such as indicators, micrometers, calipers etc.
- Able to operate hi-low’s, hand carts and cranes safely and efficiently
- Team player, able to communicate information clearly and consistently with all internal departments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS-Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job functions.
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds, stand, walk and sit for periods of time.
- Able to work overtime as needed.