Be a part of a fortune 500 Combat Systems group and a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. Our client has a 70 year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies. Their employees are dedicated to making the Company the World’s preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems.
If you take pride in your work, want a challenge that inspires your best ideas, and enjoy being part of a winning team, this is the place for you.
Validation/ Verification Monitor
Shelby Township, Michigan
(U.S. Citizenship Required*)
- This is an entry-level position to monitor and document the conduct of Validation/Verification of Operator, Maintenance and Troubleshooting Technical Publications for tracked and wheeled vehicles and ancillary equipment to insure technical accuracy/usability.
- Support Government Verifications and Logistics Demonstrations on tracked and wheeled vehicle technical publications
- Perform Technical Publications duties to support a LOG DEMO or VAL/VER as well as being responsible for writing technical procedures to support operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical components for wheeled and tracked military vehicles.
- Source information will include engineering drawings and blueprints, LSAR data, provisioning data, photographs, videos, etc.
- Analyze Engineering drawings, electrical schematics, MWO's, ECP's, CR's and specifications to identify hardware configuration requirements and how they support Logistics product development.
- As required, manage the maintenance and configuration upgrades of the Government furnished ILS facility vehicles, LRU's and SRU's, tools, test equipment and ancillary hardware.
- Serve as liaison between company and Government representatives to resolve hardware issues identified during Validation/Verification and Logistics Demonstration programs.
- Must be familiar with the Army and company supply systems, ECARS and MRP systems to aide in maintaining the ILS facility vehicle to current configuration standards.
- Perform diagnostics and systems troubleshooting of Abrams, Wolverine, FOX and Stryker vehicles, components and assemblies. Must be familiar with the Army's test equipment and Maintenance Support Device.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office products to develop/maintain departmental forms and records in accordance with CMMI and IPS guidelines.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Logistics product development process.
- Previous military experience is highly desirable due to the interface requirements with the Val/Ver external customer.
- Must be able to meet ASR Guidelines for working in an enclosed vehicle IAW SP 2-644.
- Must be physically able to work on/in tracked and wheeled vehicles.
- Occasional out-of-town travel may be required to conduct programs.
- Extended workdays/workweeks, 2nd or 3rd shift work may be required in support of Logistics programs.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required, including ability to use all Microsoft Office products.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
- Must be familiar with the authoring of content using Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Must be familiar with Government publication specifications MIL-STD 40051-1 and -2 MIL-STD 38784 MIL-HDBK-1222C.
- Must be familiar with requirements for developing interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) tasks in accordance with the Document Type Definition (DTD). MIL-STD 2361A MIL-STD 2361C.
- Must be familiar with IETM viewers such as EMS2, EMS NG, IADS.
- Must be able to collect source data and compile analysis/outline in preparation of Technical Manual (TM) development.
- Must have knowledge of military vehicles/systems/equipment.
- Must be able to document changes required for illustrations go-bys to support procedural/descriptive text.
- Must be able to proofread and edit maintenance procedures to ensure quality.
- Must be familiar with general and special tools (for vehicle maintenance) and their use.
- Must be able to meet quality standards as set forth by the department manager.
- Must self-edit all developed information. Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Must be familiar with Adobe Professional . Must be familiar with all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
- Must be able to provide comment on illustrated parts breakdown figures to support the operation, maintenance and repair of tracked and wheeled military vehicles.
- Must be able to work closely with other logistics engineers and TM personnel to ensure data will support all logistics deliverables (TM's, IETM's and LSA-36 data).
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
Minimum High School Education focusing on Business Math; Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunities to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!