The Woolfolk Area of TransCanada's ANR Pipeline Company is seeking a qualified Facilities Technician to fill an open position at the Big Rapids, Michigan location. This position will be responsible to complete a variety of operations and maintenance activities at compressor, measurement, gas storage and pipeline sites. In addition this position will be responsible for the handling all incoming and outgoing material in the local storeroom, complete material requisitions, service requisitions and material receivers in SAP. The Facilities Technician will report to the Area Manager.
* Ensure facilities and personnel comply with TransCanada's health, safety, environment and risk standards;
* Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting;
* Perform routine operating and maintenance duties at TransCanada's facilities;
* Perform other tasks as defined by the Team, and maintain general housekeeping & appearance of assigned Team facilities;
* Perform monthly and annual preventive maintenance and inspections on site equipment;
* Assist other technicians as required;
* Independently enter and locate data on computerized systems such as SAP;
* Oversee project activities by providing active control duties related to contractors;
* Ensure work tasks and duties comply with HS&E policies, procedures and applicable legislation;
* Organize work to meet deadlines and priorities;
* Co-operate with others to ensure overall team effectiveness;
* Must be able to qualify in DOT Operator Qualifications;
* Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
* Excellent interpersonal and organization skills;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Working level skill in SAP, Material / Service Requisitions and Receivers;
* Able to work effectively in a team environment and alone;
* Excellent work safety record and a safe work attitude.
* High school diploma or GED required;
* Relevant post-secondary education would be considered an asset;
* Previous experience in the oil and gas industry would be considered an asset.
* Experience in Storeroom / Warehouse coordination.
*This position requires candidates to:
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license;
* Provide a driver's abstract for review;
* Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing;
Reside within 60 minutes of the facility in order to meet emergency response requirements;
Be subject to working shift schedules.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 07/12/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 37001. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: Facilities, Technician, ERP, SAP, Operations, Technology.
Employer's Job# C5279B47-FFD7-4