The Mason County Career & College Access Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating career and college access resources in a strategic, efficient and accountable manner. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as a passionate desire to support a culture of college and career attainment in the community.
Job Title: LCAN Coordinator for Mason County
Classification: Part-time (approximately 30 hours per week)
Reports to: Mason County Career and College Access Network Leadership Team
Summary: The Mason County Career & College Access Network is a collaborative group of community agencies, businesses,educational institutions, municipalities, nonprofit organizations, and foundations working toward increasing the postsecondary educational attainment rates in Mason County. As a network, the Mason County Career & College Access Network does not itself provide all of the necessary programming for the community; rather, it is a coordinating body of organizations that work collaboratively to ensure an aggressive and aligned strategy is in place to reach its goals.
The Mason County Career & College Access Network works to:
- Ensure access to comprehensive services aimed at assisting all students, but especially first generation and low-income students, to complete post-secondary education.
- Build a culture that encourages completion of career preparation or college education.
- Increase success of traditional and non traditional students through lowering barriers.
In this new position, the Mason County Career & College Access Network Coordinator is responsible for coordinating career and college access resources in a strategic, efficient and accountable manner. The Career and College Access Coordinator is the primary connection between the Leadership Team and the Network itself as well as other action team(s).
Essential Job Functions
- Execute the overall coherent strategic direction of the Mason County Career and College Access Leadership Team.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and other members of the Access Network planning team to develop and implement the Mason County Career and College Access Network Agenda and Action Plans.
- Manage data collection and analysis. Create and maintain reports regarding activities and outcomes related to the shared goals, objectives, and metrics.
- Coordinate community outreach.
- Facilitate dialogue between partners. Develop and maintain effective communication systems among network partners.
- Mobilize funding. Build relationships and collaborate with local, state and national organizations to leverage resources, securing grants and other funding as needed.
- Assist with annual budget development and provide effective stewardship of financial resources.
- Work closely with the Michigan College Access Network to receive technical assistance, resources and best practices applicable to the work of the Mason County Career and College Access Network.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory or project management experience
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations
- Ability to use technology, including Microsoft Office and social media, to enhance the Network
- Successful history of raising programmatic revenue (such as grant writing and donor solicitation)