JOB TITLE: Crime Victim Rights Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DEPARTMENT: Office of Prosecuting Attorney
Monitors case progression, and notifies victims and witnesses of case activities and Court events. Assists victims in obtaining property releases. Provides information and referrals to victims concerning compensation and available services. Assists victims in preparing for Court proceedings. Maintains required records and logs of victim contacts and services provided. Demonstration of multi-task mindset. Assists Child Support inquiries and execution of documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Communications skills and ability to read and write in order to proof, draft and edit correspondence.
- Ability to type correspondence and forms, and complete data entry accurately and efficiently.
- Knowledge of criminal justice and legal assistance in order to provide competent services and support to victims.
- High level interpersonal skills necessary to be especially perceptive and tactful, provide information and support to victims and witnesses in often trying and difficult situations, and to work cooperatively with variety of agencies and Court offices in obtaining information and services for victims.
- Analytical abilities necessary to review and monitor case progression, proof and edit materials, maintain records and files, and organize and prioritize work assigned.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and materials which may be highly sensitive.
- Must show ability to interact with the public in a fast paced, dynamic work place.
- Knowledge of the ACT and JCT programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of MiCSES is preferred.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred, with up to one year’s training, in high school or beyond, in correspondence, data entry, and office systems.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year’s related experience as a volunteer or working in an office related to prosecution or disposition of criminal offenses.
SALARY: Starting Rate at $14.11 per hour plus benefits package. Must be able to pass a background check.