Aid in Milan, a small human service nonprofit organization serving Milan, is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director. This position is a part time salaried position providing organizational leadership to the Program Director and liaison to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is the key administrative officer of Aid in Milan and is responsible for overseeing the administration, program direction and strategic plan of the organization. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors and is the liaison between Board, staff and community. Other key duties include revenue generation (obtaining grants or fundraising), marketing and attention to state and local legal requirements.
Essential duties include:
Board Governance: Works with the board to fulfill the mission of Aid in Milan
Financial Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and Program Director to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
Organizational Leadership: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are accomplished
The successful candidate will have the following Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a field relevant to human service work
- 3-5 years senor level nonprofit management experience
- Strong business acumen;decision making skills;ability to set priorities
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Ability to convey a vision of Aid in Milan's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of local Milan area or Washtenaw/Monroe county resources
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations for nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Ability to protect client confidentiality
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job shall be considered.
This position requires possession of a valid Michigan driver's license or method of transportation to travel within the Milan area and Washtenaw County. Infrequently, travel may be outside of the county for meetings or trainings.