$12.359 - $18.117
SALARY RANGE AFTER 1 YEAR TRAINING PERIOD:
$13.403 - $19.878
SALARY RANGE AFTER ADDITIONAL 1 YEAR TRAINING PERIOD:
$14.730 - $22.337
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under an on-the-job training program with close supervision installs, maintains and repairs water mains, valves, meters, hydrants and other appurtenances of the water supply system; performs related work as required. As the training progresses, supervision may be proportionately decreased and the responsibility of assignments increased. After completion of 2080 paid working hours, not including overtime, of on-the-job training, in the Water Service Center Division, the training period will be considered complete and the employee eligible for examination for promotion to Water Distribution Operator.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate orally and carry out oral instructions.
- Skill in the use of the more common shop tools.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods under unfavorable climatic conditions or in mud or water.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to meet the physical, mental and visual standards of the job.
- Ability and willingness to work in a manner that will not needlessly endanger the safety to one's self, other persons and equipment.
- Underground excavation and heavy equipment experience preferred.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver's License.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid CDL Class B Driver’s License. **NOTE: FOR THIS RECRUITMENT ONLY: Qualified candidates must possess a "TIP" (Commercial Driver’s License Temporary Instruction Permit) at time of appointment with the understanding that if they are selected they must be in possession of a valid CDL "A" or “B”within 90 days of appointment or be discharged from the position.)
- Progression in the training series to Senior Operator level is required to remain in the program. Must make continuous satisfactory progress in the training program including promotion to Operator within twelve (12) months to remain employed in the series. Operational knowledge and training progress will be assessed periodically by WSC supervision.
- Employee must successfully complete six (6) month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until THURSDAY, JUNE 22, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m.. Applications must be completed on the City of Flint’s website: www.cityofflint.com . No paper applications and/or resumes will be accepted in the Human Resources Department. Any questions about the application process, please call 810-766-7280. Please do not call about the status of your application.
EXAMINATION PROCEDURE & WEIGHTS:
100% written - Exam scheduled for June 28, 2017. (Testing information will be emailed upon receipt of qualified application).
DATE POSTED: 06/08/2017