Essential Functions and Role:
This is a "hands on" non-production operation role.
• Meeting Company standards, and under the supervision of the Logistics Foreman, the essential functions of this role are to drive a company owned semi (tractor-trailer) truck, to deliver products to MTP in a timely and courteous manner.
• Must maintain an up-to-date log and inspection booklet per Department Of Transportation (DOT) and MTP.
• Shuttle product to and from both facilities.
• Required a "hands-on" loading and unloading of boxes and products.
• Must verify load for documentation accuracy and weight restrictions as required by DOT.
• Must inspect vehicle equipment for safety compliance as required by DOT, and complete a daily tractor-trailer inspection sheet.
• Must perform "odd jobs" during slow time (dock work, etc.).
• Must maintain the cleanliness of the tractor and trailer (both inside and outside).
• Must follow the "Pallet Exchange Program " by exchanging acceptable pallets with our customers.
• Must be able to represent the companies values by being courteous to customers, and also by demonstrating safe driving skills and practices.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to perform functions and instructions with minimal direct supervision.
• Must have the ability to meet working times and scheduled hours as required.
• Must be committed to quality and safety.
• Must be able to perform other tasks as assigned.