GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In no particular rank or order.
- Respond to crisis and information/referral calls.
- Provide personal advocacy services to clients involved with legal, medical, housing, educational, transportation and financial service systems.
- Provide referrals for clients as needed.
- Coordinate client services with other staff including Legal Advocate, Sexual Assault Advocate, Children’s Advocate, Outreach Coordinators, Shelter Advocates, Fab Finds Store Manager and Volunteers.
- Participate in appropriate meetings, committees and projects to benefit clients and the organization.
- Organize and lead daily support group meetings for residential clients.
- Organize and lead weekly group counseling sessions for residential clients.
- Maintain appropriate client and organizational paperwork. Enter service notes within 48 hours of meeting with client.
- Attend and participate in the Women’s Information Service, Inc. staff meetings as scheduled.
- Rotate back-up responsibilities with other designated staff.
- Maintain safety and security of residential area of shelter.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: Minimum of two years of college level academics or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services/Social Work related field preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of and interest in women’s issues, particularly the dynamics and laws pertaining to domestic and sexual violence.
Communication: The ability to speak and write clearly using proper spelling and grammar.
Technical: Ability to utilize a personal computer and demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft programs.
Other: Possession of a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION: Range: $23,000 - $26,000 Full-time, Non-Exempt.
BENEFITS: Individual health insurance, including dental, vision and life insurance, paid time off and additional benefits available after introductory period.
SCHEDULE: Primarily Sunday – Thursday 8-5 p.m.