''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific, one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers, has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician at our Milan, MI facility. The heart of the role is being a member of a team that supports the operation and maintenance of our manufacturing equipment. This is a skilled hourly position that requires an individual who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. If you are passionate about technical maintenance and have a desire to learn, then this may be the role for you.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems
- Repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Recording maintenance and repair activities in a computer-based system
- Using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring devices and testing instruments
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of manufacturing/industrial maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- One (1) or more years of electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing/industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience troubleshooting programmable logical controllers (PLCs)
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance concepts
- Experience operating a motorized fork lift or clamp truck
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Mechanical or electrical certification(s)
- Welding experience
Georgia-Pacific manufactures standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. Our specialized products include packaging for produce, poultry and bulk containers. Our expertise is in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes. We provide cost-effective corrugated packaging for virtually any product. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit www.gppackaging.com.