*ABOUT DURA AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS *DURA Automotive Systems, a Lynn Tilton company, is a global automotive supplier specializing in the design, engineering and manufacturing of innovative solutions that propel the vehicle development initiatives of automakers. DURA is focused on advancing global sustainability technology in three core areas:
- Driving fuel economy improvement through vehicle lightweighting and intelligent mechatronics
- Advancing safety through innovative structural vehicle architectures and advanced driver control solutions
- Preserving our environment through sustainable manufacturing practices
The company’s products include mechatronic control systems, including shift-by-wire systems; electronic systems, including actuators and Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS); lightweight structural body systems, including aluminum closures; and exterior systems, including window systems and exterior trim.
DURA is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA; with global sales of $1.7 billion. The company has 12,000 employees worldwide and operates 40 facilities in 15 countries. Strong investments in new innovation programs and access to the extensive network of Lynn Tilton technology companies that span virtual gaming, electronics, fashion and aerospace industries have catapulted DURA’s future product offering to anticipate and satisfy the next generation of customer needs. DURA is nationally certified in the United States by the Women's Business Enterprise Council.
DURA’S CORE FOUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES INCLUDE:
- Performance Driven Culture
- Excellence in Quality, sustainability and customer experience
- Leading-edge technology and innovation
- Sustained financial health and profitable growth
*ABOUT THE PARENT COMPANY: *Patriarch Partners, LLC, is a holding company with investments in more than 75 companies across 14 industry sectors. Since 2000, through affiliated investment funds, Patriarch has had ownership in and restructured more than 200 companies with combined revenues in excess of $100 billion, representing more than 700,000 jobs. Founded by Lynn Tilton in 2000, Patriarch was built upon a proprietary patented financial model designed to manage and monetize the distressed portfolios of financial institutions. Patriarch focuses on the acquisition and invigoration of undervalued iconic American brands where time, capital, sound strategy and innovation can rescue a business and restore value, creating and preserving jobs in America. The firm is devoted to rebuilding America one company at a time, one job at a time. The firm’s belief system and strategy in value investing does not waver or change with market fluctuations. It takes time, stability, liquidity and an appropriate capital structure to rebuild businesses. Challenging conditions often mean the need to improve operations from the ground up; the situations require both concentration and adeptness between financial engineering and operational execution, but most important, they require disruptive innovation to engineer true reinvention.
JOB DESCRIPTION: DURA is seeking to fill a Machine Repair position for their Global Automotive Systems facility in Milan, MI. The individual must be able to perform basic mechanical repair to production machinery and facilities equipment. By developing an increasing understanding of plant equipment and machinery, the machine repairman helps maintain the productivity and quality of the manufacturing operation. The skilled repairman performs routine maintenance tasks and timely fixes when machine breakdowns occur.
An excellent benefits package is provided, including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401(k).
Some of the job responsibilities of the machine repair / maintenance position are but not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates ability to read machine blueprints and makes machine sketches to aid in the process of machine repair.
- Fabricates repair parts by using company equipment such as drills, lathes, mills, pipe bending equipment, welder, cutting torches, wrenches, and other hand and machine tools.
- Uses hand tools and operates various types of equipment to perform setup and take down of equipment (hi-lo, cranes, hoists, etc.).
- Performs adjustments and repairs on equipment such as conveyors, pumps, engines, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, and production machines such as stamping presses, welder, pem serters and spinners to ensure proper operation.
- Performs welding by use of various methods knowing when each method is most appropriate for the particular job.
- When necessary, and at the discretion of Supervisor, completes odd fix-it jobs for facilities maintenance including ground inspection for storm water.
- Performs cleaning, lubricating and greasing of machinery according t the prescribed schedule of preventative maintenance.
- Completes maintenance logs and other schedules as required, along with daily time ticket.
- Maintains good safety and housekeeping practices.
- Able to obtain and maintain certified storm water operator certificate to enable activities in facility inspections.
- When problems arise, the Machine Repairman takes the initiative to find solutions quickly using an organized method for troubleshooting (such as the 8-D approach). Demonstrates good work planning practices in order to do jobs in a very timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Demonstrates safe work practices in the operation of various types of machining tools such as drill press, engine lathe, and milling machine.
- Demonstrates self-motivation to continuously improve his or her self, their job duties and tasks.
Other duties as needed at the discretion of the Maintenance Supervisor. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to read basic blue prints, read simple electrical diagrams and schematics
- Must understand fluid power dynamics, principles of lubrication, basic plumbing, welding technology and pneumatic controls
- Must have machine capability and knowledge
- Must have or be able to obtain a Powered Industrial License in all necessary equipment to perform job duties
- Promote continuous improvement effort
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Six Sigma experience
- Prior Automotive Tier I/II experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience - Minimum level of experience is eight (8) years of experience in this trade. Someone with certifications in any one of a number of technical trades such as hydraulics and machine repair is preferred. Additional education may be substituted for experience and vice versa. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel as classified.
DURA Automotive Systems is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Join a winning culture of inclusion and opportunity….
Whether beginning your career journey or joining to expand your career development, DURA offers a working environment rich in entrepreneurism, innovative thinking and teamwork. Our