The Data Specialist is responsible for supporting all phases of data gathering and reporting for the Employment Services and TAA Programs at all DESC ES Michigan Works! Service Centers. Duties include data entry and tracking of performance statistics maintaining hard copy and electronic records in accordance with applicable federal, state and local regulations, and adhering to established data processing and record maintenance procedures. Duties include processing and tracking TAA payment requests, comp cards, and vendor invoices and providing administrative support to the DESC Program staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for recording, routing and tracking invoices received for payment from vendors and processing approvable invoices to the DESC Finance Department within established timelines and procedures.
- Responsible for checking invoices against contract amounts and accurate recording of costs for individual accounts in spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Responsible for reconciling expenditures and reporting discrepancies found in records, calculating, tabulating and verifying financial information and data for individual accounts.
- Responsible for data entry and record maintenance to produce routine financial reports within specified timelines to applicable staff and management for continuous quality improvement, efficiency and monitoring of progress towards contracted performance goals.
- Responsible for assisting with record maintenance and reporting data for individual staff, centers, and program activities.
- Provides support in maintaining data systems including ES and TAA program customer files, employer records, customer service data, on-the-job training contracts, Individual Training Accounts, contracts, purchase orders, internal tracking mechanisms, reports and fiscal data directly related to customer expenditures.
- Responsible for ensuring that records are processed in accordance with program procedures and meet applicable governing regulations and internal guidelines. This includes checking data for accuracy and returning data to staff for correction as necessary to comply with contracted standards and avoid monitoring findings and disallowed costs.
- Assists with procuring, supplies, equipment, and services for equipment repair per established agency procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for executing mass mailings, including routine post program follow-up and applicant inquiry and outreach correspondence.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of and adhering to applicable program regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for generating routine and specialized reports as needed by Program Manager, Program Director or as requested by Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation.
- Assists with special projects and coordinates Employment Services data with DESC Center programs and those available through co-located partners.
- Assists ES staff in creating forms, tracking mechanisms, promotional material, brochures, flyers, announcements, posters, signs, and forms.
- Assists with facilitated and mediated service delivery at all DESC centers as needed including provision of MTB resume assistance, UIA verification, and data entry of services into OS/MIS system.
- 401k pre-tax savings plan - employee contribution
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off