Founded in 1998, Ciena Healthcare is a leading innovator and one of Michigan's largest providers of skilled nursing and rehabilitation care services.
It is our honor to serve our residents that are in need of short-term rehabilitative services as well as long-term care. Our vision is to be the industry leader by offering fresh, new perspectives and innovations and adhering to quality standards that not only exceed regulatory compliance, but achieve excellence in quality out comes for our residents.
At Ciena, we make it our mission to provide exceptional service to our patients and residents. We are looking for employees who are passionate about providing care or services in our Centers.
The Charge Nurse plans, coordinates, provides and manages nursing care, nursing services and health education to nursing home residents. The Charge Nurse cares for residents under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing. The position requires patience, compassion and a desire to care for the residents in a gentle and empathetic manner.
- Supervises the care/services provided by the Certified Nursing Assistants and other staff who provide services to the Residents for which the Charge Nurse is responsible.
- Coordinates the nursing care of residents on the unit assuring all residents are assigned staff capable of providing appropriate care to the resident.
- Provides safe and accurate Medication Related interventions to residents.
- Accurately transcribes and coordinates the implementation of physician orders
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of residents. Notifies the physician of changes in status and promptly implements and documents new orders.
- Develops a plan of care based on assessment, implementing nursing care.
- Selects and institutes appropriate nursing interventions that might be required to stabilize a resident's condition and /or prevent complications.
- Contributes to the resident's assessment (MDS/CAA's) and the development of a plan of care.
- Consults with physician or licensed independent practitioner regarding general resident care needs.