Weyerhaeuser in Grayling, Michigan is currently seeking Summer Hires for College Students. This position is a temporary 12 week summer position for college students. The primary job is to support the Weyerhaeuser Grayling Mills by completing building and grounds projects to include housekeeping, painting, grounds maintenance and landscaping work, miscellaneous and clean-up duties. This position also supports production departments in safety initiatives such as fire watch and safety inspections. It Includes active involvement and support of mill and team goals and expectations relative to safety, housekeeping, quality and cost within the confines of the Weyerhaeuser Grayling OSB manufacturing environment while fulfilling Summer Student roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Students who have successfully completed Grade 12 and obtained a high school diploma or GED at time of hire, must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college, university, or trade school for fall 2017 semester.
- Students who have successfully completed the first year of a minimum two year college program must be registered for the second or successive year of college studies.
- Must provide proof of a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better at current school.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical.
- Must be willing to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, work from heights, and in confined/restricted areas.
- Able to bend, twist, stoop, push and pull and able to lift on occasion up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able and willing to work within safe work practices.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Able and willing to read and comprehend technical and non-technical information.
- Able to work in a cooperative team structured work system and meet changing requirements and needs.
- Able and willing to any work shift, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Able to meet attendance requirements.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned or require.
- Educational focus on manufacturing, engineering, technical, information technology or business administration.
- Past experience in manufacturing environment.