The Mecosta County Park Commission currently is accepting applications for seasonal employment opportunities.
Positions begin in mid-April and end mid-October. All employees will be working with the public and assisting park guests. Customer service skills are a prerequisite for all positions.
All hourly park positions will be expected to work weekends and holidays, possibly 6 days per week, not normally to exceed 40 hours per week.
The Mecosta County Park Commission has adopted the Mecosta County Board of Commissioners' “Drug Free Work Place Policy.” Each employee must sign and adhere to the policy.
Manager & Assistant Manager Essential Duties:
- Supervises/assists park personnel, volunteers, and other special groups engaged in operating and maintaining a County Park. Inspects work in progress or completed work to ensure the quality and quantity of work performed.
- Prepares bi-weekly work schedules for employees, ensuring that adequate personnel will be on hand to operate and maintain park facilities. Makes daily work assignments, providing training when necessary. Keeps time sheets on each hourly employee and turns them in to the Administrative office as scheduled.
- Performs various personnel management functions, such as interviewing and recommending the hiring of employees, evaluating employee performance, counseling employees, and recommending the discharge of unsatisfactory employees.
- Registers incoming campers and other park users, issues permits, collects fees, and assigns campsites.
- Patrols park area to ensure that all vehicles have permits, as well as to enforce park rules and regulations.
- Responds to and solves a variety of complaints such as barking dogs, noisy campers, inoperative facilities, etc. May be called upon to perform in public relations duties, such as answering questions, assisting park users, etc.
- Balances each cash drawer each shift against permits and other sales. Deposits money from park sales as required. Transmits all financial records and any other paper work to the main office on a weekly basis.
- Participates in maintenance activities, such as mowing and trimming grass, raking leaves, clearing trees and brush, replacing damaged posts and signs, and cleaning restrooms.
- Maintains and keeps up to date inventories of all supplies and equipment.
- Weight Lifting Limit: all employees be able to lift at least 35#.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. This position also includes any and all jobs/duties assigned by the Superintendent and his/her designate.
As a potential employee for the Mecosta County Park Commission, it must be understood that the nature of the position may require you, temporarily or permanently, to work in another park and may be transferred to that park at any time.