Additional Job Information
*Title: *Physical Therapist
*City, State: *Shelby Township,MI
*Location: *Shelby Crossing - BU 34050
*Department: *Shelby Physical Ther
*Additional Job Details: *Full-Time,Rotating, 40 hours,Weekly
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
Physical Therapist evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Achieves and maintains targeted productivity. Assists at other sites as patient demand dictates.
- Confers with referring and consulting physicians, nursing personnel and other health professionals regarding patient's progress, status and ongoing recommendations.
- Assists with and participates in department in-service education program, maintains professional growth and development by attending continuing education seminars and presenting in-services to department. Attends and participates in regularly scheduled department meetings. Takes on special projects, programs and other duties as requested.
- Assigns patients to appropriate therapy assistants, assumes responsibility and supervision of these patients, discusses evaluations, assessment, treatments and progress of patients. Re-evaluates and assists in discharge planning as needed. Assists the appropriate therapy assistant in identifying new problems, setting new goals, making treatment changes, and in discharge planning as needed. Countersigns appropriate therapy assistant's progress notes (if new problems, goals and/or treatment changes are made) and discharge summaries.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- State of Michigan Physical Therapist (PT) Licensure required.
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor's level degree in Physical Therapy required
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037 (External applicants) or 262-592-2305 (Internal associates).
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Reasonable Accommodation St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied. Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Job Title: Physical Therapist / Shelby Crossing / Full-Time Rotational
Job ID: 183425
Location: MI - Shelby Township
Full/Part Time: Full-Time