Additional Job Information
*Title: *Supv-Behavioral Health
*City, State: *Shelby Township,MI
*Location: *Shelby Crossing - BU 34008
*Department: *Eastwood Shelby Township
*Additional Job Details: *Full-Time,Rotating
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
The Supv-Behavioral Health supervises the behavioral health program.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Applies progressive discipline when appropriate. Participates in hiring and termination procedures.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Participates in direct delivery of care depending on patient census. Completes patient evaluations and treatments as needed.
- Assists in developing, submitting and administering capital, operations and manpower budgets according to financial and organization guidelines. May monitor financial and quality performance indicators and may intervene as necessary in identifying and applying corrective measures.
- Formulates, recommends, communicates and administers departmental policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains procedural manuals for departmental staff.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Cert Advanced Drug and Alcohol Counselor Certified by the MI Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) required OR upon hire, willing to apply for and complete a Michigan Development Plan Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC) required no later than two years after hire/transfer date. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified by the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required
- 3 years of experience working in chemical dependency treatment. 1 year of supervisory experience in a clinical environment.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Reasonable Accommodation St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied. Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Job Title: Supv-Behavioral Health / Shelby Crossing / Eastwood Clinic / Shelby Township / FT Rotating
Job ID: 178890
Location: MI - Shelby Township
Full/Part Time: Full-Time