Location: Ferndale Middle School
Reports to: Building Principal
Salary: Substitute Pay Rate
Start Date: May 2017
- Must be “highly qualified” under the No Child Left Behind Act
- Valid Michigan teaching certification with appropriate DX endorsement
- Instructional and Classroom Management Skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach district approved curriculum, Middle School Science
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials to provide individualized and small group instruction in addition to whole group instruction
- Work collaboratively with other staff members
- Communicate regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day
- Use MISTAR to record student attendance daily
Other qualifications are considered in the final selection of a person to fill this position. The search for a highly qualified applicant for this position is not restricted to this district.
Applicants will be interviewed by district staff and hired through EduStaff, a third-party administrator.