Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Working at?TechSmith?gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.?
We are a technological melting pot, comprised of nearly?250?uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone – but in a good way. And speaking of comfort, who doesn’t love to show up to work in jeans, eat free snacks, and drink free pop??
With great products and great people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and, hard working individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.?
The Video Production Specialist is part of a team responsible for creating compelling, unique and effective video content to meet marketing objectives. This role supports integrated marketing efforts through idea generation, scripting, capturing original content as needed, and all production work. The Video Production Specialist is also a critical voice in helping establish and promote TechSmith brand messages. A person able to work independently or in a team environment with a positive attitude is essential.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for customer stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other enterprise-wide projects
- Update existing marketing video content in order to maintain relevance with product updates
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Develop production schedules
- Select and hire additional crew and talent; direct and coach talent; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met
- Reserve and rent equipment
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Evaluate analytics
- Manage and produce live web show productions
- Act in the role of a video expert as needed within content creation efforts for blog or other thought-leadership initiatives to support company’s mission statement
Required Skills and Background:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, a minimum of two years of professional experience in television, film, or new media is required
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused and able to work on a team
- Creativity, passion for video creation, and a desire to continue to improve
- Proactively seeks work and challenges, is self-directed, and creative
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional organizations skills
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and having a great sense of humor will also be complementary assets to this role
- Ad agency experience and commercial experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communication inside and outside the company
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
Software and Equipment Skills:
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and TechSmith Camtasia (editing in Camtasia will be required for some video projects.)
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Audition, and After Effects
- Experience with Canon DSLR cameras
*Please submit a link to a reel of recent work within your application or attach your recent work to this application prior to submitting. Applicants who do not provide examples of their work for review will not be considered for this role.
Compensation and Perks:
At TechSmith, we love our employees and are always looking for ways to reward outstanding performance. Our compensation is competitive and based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee, you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer you a unique and growing company culture where you can enjoy your work and advance your career. We wear jeans, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements.