AMERICAN PLASTIC TOYS, INC
Please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line: Maintenance
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Department: Maintenance, Walled Lake Plant
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Position Summary: Perform Maintenance and repairs in and around the Plant to include; fork-lift trucks, batteries, tape machines, machine guarding, the building (interior and exterior), lighting, electrical, roofing, painting, and wood work.
- Perform all repairs and preventative maintenance on plant forklifts.
- Support the Assembly Department in a timely manner and assist with job set-ups.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Maintenance Supervisor to discuss current projects and progress on projects.
- Manage the contract with the forklift and other outside vendors.
- Maintain the Equipment Condition Report for tape machines/forklifts, etc.
- Maintain weekly or monthly preventative maintenance procedures.
- Support the Plant and Corporate safety policies and initiatives including; Stormwater program, Lockout/Tagout, PPE, Crane Safety, Forklift, Hazard Communication, Confined Space, Fire Extinguisher, Emergency Response, Bloodborne Pathogens and Aerial Lift.
- Responsible to diagnose equipment malfunction, determine root cause and initiate immediate and long-term corrections.
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Completes work assignments required within budget and timing constraints.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or assembly environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics and pneumatic concepts.
- Knowledge of and ability to insure a safe industrial work environment.
Any current APT employee interested in this position should contact their Shift Supervisor or Human Resources for a Job Posting Application.