About Dalco. We are a family owned facilities solution provider, the leader in the upper Midwest, founded in 1959. Simply put, we provide cleaning products, equipment, and services, to create safe and healthy environments for our customers. We realize this through long term relationships with our customers, suppliers and employees. We provide industry expertise and proven solutions, with an attitude of helpfulness. We work as a team with our customers in healthcare, education, and private and public facilities. Our cleaning programs and best practices lower infection rates, reduce student/employee absenteeism, increase worker productivity, increase customer retention and promote safety. We help improve our customer’s first impressions and meet their environmental expectations, with some of the most recognized manufacturer partners in the industry like 3M, Rubbermaid, Tennant, Purell, Ecolab, Georgia Pacific and Kimberly-Clark.
Dalco provides a positive, family friendly work culture, competitive compensation and benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental benefits, 401k, profit sharing, and more. Dalco’s home office is in Minneapolis, MN with 7 branch locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Upper Michigan.
Customer Service/Office Administration Major Functions: Provide exceptional service to Dalco customers, sales representatives and vendors. Build relationships with internal partners to ensure positive outcomes. Work independently and as part of a team to fulfill customer needs. Process orders and coordinate information with account managers and other departments.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, courteous manner and direct to proper person as needed
- Process orders in AS400 with a high level of accuracy; and update information as needed
- Assist walk in customers with questions and purchases in a courteous and helpful manner
- Pull orders from the warehouse that is within the ADA requirements
- Assist all customers with problems relating to shipping, pricing, billing, and other Dalco related concerns
- Process customer credit applications with approval from corporate office
- Prepare weekly petty cash reconciliation and process checks for deposit Copy and order Material Safety Data Sheets for customers as requested
- Process finishing of daily orders adding transportation charges as needed
- Check billed invoices against the finished copy for accuracy. Investigate and correct discrepancies
- File proof of delivery copies and order copies daily
- Review and maintain open orders, held orders and backorders
- Monitor slow pay, credit holds, etc., throughout the day to ensure they are released in a timely manner
- Review daily invoice pre-edit report with exceptions and make changes on orders or put on hold as needed
- Follow up with account manager on pricing issues, check sells, and hold billing for PO numbers
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Level 1 = 1 to 3 years customer service experience
- Level 2 = 2 to 5 years customer service experience
- Level 3 = 5 or more years customer service experience
- Data entry experience. Type 40wpm.
- Strong computer skills (internet, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for assisting others with an attitude of service
- Dalco Core Values – Expertise, Attitude, Relationships, Solutions
- Excellent follow-up skills
- High level of organizational skills
- Able to work with others as well as independently
- Outgoing and positive attitude
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet or exceed deadlines
- Above average verbal and written communication and problem solving skills
- Trustworthy, honest and respects confidentiality
- Knowledge of Jan/San Distribution
Will Not Provide Sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities