Dominion Technologies Group, Inc. offers a large variety of automated equipment designed to meet assembly and process specifications, is looking for an Controls Engineer/Designer to join our team.
Dominion Technologies Group is a global leader in automotive assembly line and processing equipment.
Dominion Technologies specializes in Alignment and Headlamp Aim Systems, Tire and Wheel Assembly application, Fluid processing applications, End-of-Line processing applications, and Material Handling applications.
Headquartered in Roseville, Michigan, Dominion services clients globally with manufacturing and sales locations in England, China, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, and India (IRY).
Dominion Technologies was established in 1965 in Detroit, Michigan. Over the last 50 years, Dominion has grown exponentially both in size and experience.
- Developing and implementing PLC and Control Logix programming, VFD, Servos and hardware design (electrical /pneumatic)
- Start-up and debug, commissioning of equipment at customer site
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements
- Building business relationships with customers by analyzing concerns, identify solutions, trouble shooting, and keeping services confidential
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
- Resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining software design improvements; implementing change
- Prepares equipment by installing and configuring PLC programming logix
- Exceeding programming standards by adhering to; productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology
- Fosters program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- In an effort to meet and exceed quality standards of our customers, working weekends, travel and overtime is required based upon business needs
Travel Required: 40%
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Design drawings, software design, servos, variable frequency drive
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicating in verbal and written format
- The ability to see details at close range
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Must have and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license, maintain auto insurance and have access to a reliable automobile
- This is a fulltime position with benefits available