Build a career with Dart Properties by using your maintenance knowledge and experience and customer service skills to create a wonderful place for our residents to call home. Dart Properties is hiring full-time maintenance technicians to contribute to the continued success of our company.
We are a property management company that provides luxury residential and corporate housing in the suburban Metro Detroit area. We are a great place to work and offer many benefits including: medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, personal, and sick time, tuition assistance, 401(k) plan, and a uniform allowance. In addition, we have a strong history of promoting from within, are committed to ongoing training and development, and making a difference by giving to our neighborhoods and communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to resident maintenance requests in timely manner. Identifies, diagnoses, repairs, and resolves electrical, plumbing, appliance, HVAC, and other maintenance issues and accurately completes required paperwork
- Completes make ready process
- Completes maintenance projects as assigned
- Assists with the upkeep of grounds
- Installs appliances
- Performs pool maintenance
- Performs snow removal and salting in all weather conditions
- On call for emergencies on a rotational basis with other staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
CORE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Plumbing, electrical, and minor carpentry experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize emergency service calls
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to read and write English
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least one year of apartment maintenance experience
- Appliance, equipment, and residential heating systems repair experience
- Residential heating systems repair experience
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws
- Type 1 and Type 2 EPA Certification
- Must have and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license with an acceptable record
- Must live within a 45 minute drive time of the assigned property according to Mapquest
- Must have reliable transportation while employed
- Additional work hours including weekends and holidays may be required
- Availability to be on call 24/7 on a rotational basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions. Employees are expected to maintain regular and consistent attendance and comply with the company’s policies and procedures as a condition of employment.
Please apply on our website at www.dartproperties.com. No resumes or phone calls will be accepted.
Dart Properties is an equal opportunity employer.