Prototype specialist looking for a CAD Operator. The CAD Operator will use design/drafting software including MasterCam, NX. The CAD Operator will design tools and fixtures for sheet metal prototypes.
Responsibilities for the CAD Designer
- Create quality tool and die designs in accordance with customer specifications
- Receive and review projects with Plant Manager. Establish a design plan.
- Work to identify problems during tool development and/or when quality concerns arise
- Support production by implementing affective and progressive design styles
- Demonstrate the ability to function and contribute independently.
- Ability to write machine tool paths for CNC equipment is preferred but not required.
Requirements for the CAD Designer
- 3-5 years minimum experience designing tooling and fixtures with CAD systems
- One year experience as a stamping plant employee OR assembly plant employee OR die maker/maintenance worker
- Knowledgeable/Proficient with CAD software NX or Master Cam
- A strong commitment to success with a “can do / will do” attitude.
- Technical experience with engineered products.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both orally and in writing.
- Strong listening skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain team building relationships within the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a multi-task environment.
Full Time position with competitive wage and benefits package.