1. Previous experience recruiting, staffing and/or providing talent to businesses and familiar with businesses within the GST region.
2. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, contractors, board members and the general public with persons of all social, economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
3. Write professional level documents, reports, and business correspondence and enter records in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Must possess strong customer/staff focused communication, public relations and interpersonal skills and show discretion when handling confidential information.
5. Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks and projects.
6. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and guidance.
7. Have knowledge of workforce development programs, Microsoft products and internet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job and may be considered.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS PER AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employer to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit; and use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls. The employee is required to crouch or kneel. Strength to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's license.
Reports to: Business Services Manager
Wages: $35,000 to $45,000 - depending upon experience.
GST Michigan Works! is an Equal Opportunity Organization. Auxiliary aids and services, including accommodations, are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.