GST Michigan Works! is currently seeking a Business Service Representative for Genesee County.
The Business Service Representative is responsible for assisting local companies and businesses meet their talent needs. The primary function of this role is to ensure the connection of GST Michigan Works! to the business community by recruiting, identifying, and matching job seekers with business talent needs. The primary duties include building relationships, marketing, promoting, servicing and coordinating services to the business community while exercising discretion and independent judgement. While, assisting to determine eligibility for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs that meet the employer talent demand utilizing the Demand Driven Model. Including, providing Outplacement Services to public and private sector clients. Meeting or exceeding program outcome goals as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and effectively present product portfolio of GST Michigan Works! system services to employers, job seekers and the community.
- Market On-the-Job (OJT), and Customized Training programs to employers and coordinate requests for training with the appropriate contractor.
- Provide technical assistance and support to employers using the Pure Michigan Talent Connect, including registration and worker recruitment.
- Promote the GST Michigan Works! system through participation in career fairs, exhibits, tours, community projects, and job fairs at public, social and business gatherings.
- Meet with employers in the community to determine employment demands by prospecting, cold calling and through internal/external lead generation.
- Must be professional in demeanor and attire.
- Must be able to maintain and write professional documents, reports, and records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Write job orders and perform job matching using candidate database and other candidate sources available.
- Pre-screen potential applicants to fill job orders by matching employer's demands by skill set, Work Keys, iWorkZone, education, eligibility, and professional work history.
- Work as part of a team with Employment Services and Job Seeker Case Managers to find qualified talent to refer to employers as employment candidates.
- Set interviews according to employer needs including but not limited to one-on-one interviews, group interviews, panel interviews, job fairs, and informational sessions.
- A BSR will be asked to engage in research or follow up activities to evaluate selection and placement techniques by consulting with management and supervisory personnel.
- Work collaboratively with local community partners to provide coordinated services and solutions to attract and retain businesses.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience recruiting, staffing and/or providing talent to businesses and familiar with businesses in and adjacent Genesee County preferred.
- Experience as an excellent workplace team player.
- Must have the ability to travel and possess a valid State of Michigan Driver's License.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Easily and quickly adaptable
- Shows genuine commitment
- Confident communicator
- Reliable and responsible
- Active listener
- Always ready to assist
- Supports and respects others
- Problem solver
- Able to compromise point of view
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements:
- Ability to access all county/regional locations: Genesee, Shiawassee, Lapeer, Tuscola, Sanilac, and Huron Counties.
- Ability to enter and retrieve information from a computer.
Works in office conditions and travels throughout the county/region/state/to meetings/conferences/trainings as required.
Associates Degree or equivalent and/or three to five years experience working with companies to secure talent.
$35,000 to $43,000 per year depending upon experience.