The Maintenance Manager, under the direction of the Casino Manager II, is responsible for adequately training staff and ensuring for the smooth and efficient operations of the Maintenance Department. The position is responsible for maintaining company owned buildings, grounds, and equipment. The position is responsible for supervising and directing maintenance personnel of the facilities and grounds of the Kewadin Casino – Manistique Location The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Plans, coordinates, supervises and participates in safe efficient maintenance operation of company owned buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to ensure proper appearance and to determine and schedule maintenance, improvement and repair needs.
- Supervises, motivates and evaluates performance of Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Workers and Shuttle Drivers and deals with performance related issues, processes payroll and approves leave requests.
- Provides advice and recommendations to management team regarding facilities and maintenance development programs.
- Provides technical guidance to personnel in maintenance work methods, materials, standards and operations.
- Conducts safety inspections working closely with the safety officer and administration to ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety codes.
- Assist with preparing annual budget for the Maintenance Department.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Perform general administrative work including preparing reports.
- Attends regular and mandatory meetings.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates for building and grounds maintenance and repair related projects.
- Monitors productivity of Maintenance Department.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near vision; frequent standing, walking, pushing/pulling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, typing, bending; occasional sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, use of midrange/far vision and depth perception. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides and infectious exposure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of maintenance experience and 5 years supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of HVAC. Must have knowledge of safety standards and principles and practices of preventive maintenance. Must have intermediate math skills. Must have knowledge of plumbing, electrical, building construction and groundskeeping. Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required. Must have organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Must be able to read schematics and blueprints. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Position required being on-call to address maintenance issues and emergencies. Native American preferred.