Under direct supervision, provide high-level Recruiting to the Human Resource Manager by building applicant sources, conducting research, preparing statistical reports and performing clerical functions. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, proactive, independent worker. Professional in appearance and demeanor and possess the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, screen resumes to determine which candidates meet the minimum requirements.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport. Actively recruit passive candidates via database mining.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses, comparing qualifications to job requirements and administering appropriate company assessments. Communicate employer information and benefits during screening process.
- Perform in-person and phone interviews with candidates.
- Make recommendations to HR Manager and hiring managers; Coordinate interviews with the HR Manager and hiring managers, follow up on the interview process status.
- Stay current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Complete timely reports on employment activity
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting, develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Perform New Hire Orientation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including spelling, grammar, and proofreading are also necessary.
- Ability to work independently, while also being a vital member of an administrative support team.
- Ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Bachelor degree – Business Administration or related.
- 5 – 7 years recruiting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Must demonstrate high initiative and resourcefulness in recruiting for open positions.
- Ability to travel for college visits, and career fairs.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.