The Detroit Plant Manager will direct the day to day functions of the plant. Particular areas that the Detroit Plant Manger will be responsible include but are not limited to: manufacturing, maintenance, shipping & receiving, safety, and quality control. The Plant Manager shall develop a culture of continuous improvement to ensure the facility becomes increasing efficient. The Plant Manager will identify key areas for improvement and develop procedures in order to meet those objectives.
Detroit Plant Manager Job Opening
- The Detroit Plant Manger will oversee plant functions and develop operational plans with the assistance of department managers.
- Develop objectives to improve plant functions in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Oversee the maintenance of all capital assets.
- The Detroit Plant Manager consult staff, production reports, and quarterly & annual reports to identify areas for improvement in the areas of quality, production, safety, and waste.
- Develop schedules to minimize overtime, maintenance related downtime, and premium freight.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are properly maintained, replace equipment and systems in order to maintain standards.
- The Detroit Plant Manager will identify areas for improvement and schedule trainings to address these areas.
- Oversee and manage maintenance programs to ensure that maintenance does not interfere with manufacturing processes.
Plant Manager (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in a technical or business related discipline from an accredited university.
- At least five years of experience with production operations.
- At least five years of management experience.
- A high level of familiarity with automotive stamping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A detail oriented personality.
- A strong ability to make rational decisions quickly.
- Previous experience overseeing finances and accounting functions for a manufacturing organization.
- A strong ability to delegate and assign tasks for the facility to meet all objectives.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to build a cohesive team.
- Monitor KPI’s to identify areas where improvement is needed.