U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR, Local 111 is accepting applications for the HVACR Apprenticeship Program. We are looking for dependable, team-oriented workers who are dedicated to learn the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration trade while creating a safe work environment. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), work varying shifts, including overtime and a schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
New eligibility requirements! Applicants are no longer required to be enrolled in a two year Associate's Degree or have a current HVACR certificate. Apply today!
Requirements for application submission at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers:
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Complete Apprenticeship Application Form (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify application)
- Provide Birth Certificate or other such documentation for proof of age
- Provide High School Diploma AND TRANSCRIPT or High School Equivalency (GED) Certificate AND OFFICIAL GED TEST RESULTS (Documents must provide proof of High School graduation).
- Applicant must show proof of a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record with no drug/alcohol related incidents in the past seven (7) years.
- Provide Military transfer or discharge Form DD-214, if applicable
- Provide Social Security Card
Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests:
- Work Keys Graphic Literacy
- Work Keys Workplace Documents
- Work Keys Applied Mathematics
Applicants must achieve a combined average level of 5.33 along with a combined average score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests at a cost of $24.00.
Applicants must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening.
If applicable, please include documention below:
- Documentation of current enrollment in a (2) year Associate’s Degree or current Certificate in HVACR from an accredited College or Technical School. Please provide transcripts.
- A CFC Certificate to work with refrigerant.