- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 4 weeks of experience in a child-care setting
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Child Development Credential is strongly recommended
- Good oral and written communication
- Microsoft Office literacy
- Assists School Age Child Care Leader with development, planning and implementation of program activities.
- Assists School Age Child Care Leader in demonstrating, instructing and actively supervising all activities
- Supports and encourages the development of social and emotional skills for all students through positive interactions, being a good role model and respecting the diversity of our student population.
- Uses appropriate disciplinary techniques with participants and logs all incidents
- May be responsible for taking attendance, collecting payments, etc.
- Assists with State of Michigan Licensing compliance including safety protocols and food handling regulations
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of the children and reports all injuries and illnesses to the School Age Child Care Leader.
- Performs related work as required.
Other qualifications are also considered in the final selection of a person to fill this position. The search for highly qualified applicants for this position is not restricted to this district.