JOB DESCRIPTION: Implements quality system activities to assure manufacturing and inspection methods along with processes meet company and customer quality requirements. Develops new or improved methods, where required, along with instructions and standards to achieve superior quality levels and reduce costs. Devises and implements procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Further assists in directing workers engaged in measuring, testing and tabulating data. Promotes work habits to coincide with the principles of Lean/Six Sigma, while being proactive in advocating continuous improvement activities on the production floor.
To the qualified candidate we offer:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Deal with customers, sales and engineering on APQP activities for new programs
- Works with project engineers, plant operations personnel and QC technicians to prepare sample submission packages (PPAP) to customers on first run parts.
- Reviews GD&T, KPC’s and gauging methodology to develop effective part validation procedures
- Participates in tooling run off at vendor facilities & in the plant to coordinate collection of statistical data to produce CPK indicators as per PMMCO tooling design specification standards.
- Prepares updates and maintains the FMEA’s, process flow diagrams and process control plans critical in maintaining PMMCO’s high quality standards.
- Deals with customers and suppliers on quality concerns which could involve travel within North America on short notice.
- Conducts investigations on non-conformance and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence, with formal written documentation, recording the incidences for future reference and training.
- Works with manufacturing to solve in-house quality concerns and reviews of nonconforming product with advice on disposition of same.
- Develops methods for data collection to produce EXCEL graphs charting data collected to demonstrate quality trends and evaluate alternatives to marginal mfg. processes; making recommendations as required.
- Prepare documentation and conduct training sessions on quality issues & continuous improvement for plant personnel.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as stipulated by department management and applying Lean/Six Sigma principles.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management. (10 years of demonstrated practical experience will be considered if blended with some formal QC training programs such as Lean or Six Sigma or associated programs).
- 5-8 years’ experience in an industrial environment preferably in a low to mid volume parts manufacturer of automotive, truck or defense components doing processing fabricated assemblies
- Six Sigma/Lean training, green belt would be a plus.
- Understands GD&T
- Working knowledge of SPC techniques and statistical methods in general
- Good problem solving skills with exposure to DFSS & DOE principals.
- Good Computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Capable to develop charts and graphs from statistical data using EXCEL.
- Working knowledge on the use and application of CMM’s and all basic inspection equipment such as height gages, micrometers, gage blocks etc.
- Worked in organizations receiving exposure to the following: Machining, Stamping, Welding, Metal forming using press brake equipment
- Understands bills of materials and has worked with MRP systems.
- Excellent communicator capable to work with small & mid-size groups to implement continuous improvement programs.
- Minimum Requirements:
- 10+ years of demonstrated practical experience in a fabrication or machine shop environment with 2 years of college courses leading to a technical degree.
- Understanding of Inspection Methods
- Grounding in statistical methods and knowledge of doing capability studies to develop CPK values.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of MS office products