ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks an experienced Network Administrator to join their team in the Houghton, Michigan area. This is a hybrid remote position offering schedule flexibility and opportunity to work from home several days per week.
As a member of our IT team, you play a key role in implementing and maintaining IT network systems to support product development of our best-in-class computer aided engineering (CAE) and computational fluid design (CFD) simulation software. If you have a passion for network administration and a desire to work with others in a team environment, we have a place for you.
At ThermoAnalytics, we pride ourselves on a family-oriented culture, focus on total well-being of each employee, and sustaining a healthy work-life balance. These are not just buzzwords for us, but a core part of our company shaped by our beginning as a rural, cutting-edge Midwest technology company.
We have a culture of ownership. We are an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company and employees are key stakeholders. ThermoAnalytics is also an open-book company—staff are made aware of the company’s financial and performance statuses at monthly meetings and are asked for input as we look to improve.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $57,000 – $84,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a flexible work environment, extensive total benefit package, employee stock ownership, and relocation assistance if needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware and software.
- Maintain security components for networks and connectivity to company sites (Calumet, Novi, satellite offices).
- Work with various ISP agreements and configurations (ATT, VeloCloud, Spectrum, PNF).
- Manage hosted systems including company and support websites (AWS government approved, networking aspect).
- Provide basic user support to employees as needed.
- Provide backup service support (e.g., servers) as needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a technically related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ system and network administration experience including root-level access on a multi-user network.
- Experience with network and computer security concepts, standards, and methods.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, the OSI model, and monitoring/diagnostic tools.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Good understanding of computer networks and associated hardware.
- Experience administering routers, VPNs, switches and firewalls.
- Work well with both technical and non-technical staff members.
- Experience working with command-line interfaces of network equipment.
- Due to federal requirements for this position, U.S. citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS THAT PUT YOU OVER THE TOP.
- Familiarity with pfSense routers and Cisco/Dell switches.
- Hands-on experience with SDWAN (i.e. Velocloud).
- Familiarity and experience with Network Instrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) and remediation.
- Network certification such as Cisco CCNA, Dell DCA-Networking, Juniper JNCIA-JUNOS.
- IT Security knowledge.
- Active Security Clearance.
COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US! Take the next step and apply online at tai.hirescore.com
ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.