General Motors Warren Technical Center Design Operations have needs for qualified Wood Model Maker Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the Wood Model Maker Journeyperson is responsible to provide a variety of services and physical properties that are utilized during the design evaluation process.
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Fabricate wood and foam armatures
- Fabricate 3D models and mock-ups in wood, ren, foam, wax, Plexiglas & styrene from drawings and/or math data along with designer and engineer verbal direction
- Perform fiberglass surface work in interior/exterior models & theme model builds
- Provide direct studio support – clay model set-ups, templates, foam sculpturing and small mock-ups
- Operate mill room equipment – planers, routers, band saws & table saw
- Ability to work closely with Engineers, Designers and peers in a team environment