Manufacturing Senior Business Advisor
Location: Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan.
Type: Full-Time Min. Experience: Experienced
Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (The Center) is an independent non-profit organization with a mission to assist small and medium-sized manufacturers to be globally competitive. We train, coach, and consult in strategy, technology advancement, productivity gains, quality improvement, profitability enhancement, and customer satisfaction as well as employee attraction, development, and retention.
Our Traverse City office covers the Upper Peninsula and Northern Lower Peninsula. We are currently looking to hire a Business Advisor in continuous improvement and/or technology integration with experience in the manufacturing or processing industries. Must be a self-starter willing to work remotely and travel to clients throughout the upper peninsula and northern lower peninsula. Our mission is to assist manufacturers in increasing.
The job objective is to manage and lead improvement projects with clients and to educate their workforce in best practices for all aspects of an enterprise.
This position entails supporting projects by providing executive level and shop-floor level coaching, training, and facilitation for manufacturing and processing clients. In addition to working on client engagements, you will be expected to support business development staff to build new client relationships.
The Advisor must exhibit a high level of technical competence, understanding of business processes, and a thorough knowledge of business strategies and tactics. These abilities would be demonstrated but not limited to areas such as strategic planning, lean manufacturing, supply chain management, transactional continuous improvement, and inventory management. He/she must be able to communicate with a client's top management level. The individual must possess analytical skills necessary to identify and problem-solve client issues and problems. He/she must have the ability to work effectively as both a team member and independently as well as having the discipline to work remotely and travel within northern Michigan a significant part of their time.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education/experience) in a technical or business field
- 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on with Lean or continuous improvement project implementation
- Experience in continuous improvement methodologies
- Able to develop and deliver effective presentations and course materials
- Ability to conduct subject-specific workshops and training sessions
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Background in consulting practices
- Background in Industry/Manufacturing 4.0 a plus
- Lean and/or Six-Sigma Certifications
- Background in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Project Management Skills
- Use of software tools; Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Visio, 3D cad/cam. ERP systems
- Understanding of financial statements/P&L