8/15/2016 The Ferndale Area District Library is an EEO Employer.
POSITION: BUILDING MONITOR
- Excellent public service attitude, conflict resolution skills and ability to defuse tense situations
- Knowledge of security principles and practices
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year training/experience in security procedures
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and exercise good judgment
- Works well with a diverse public including children and teenagers
- Stays calm in difficult situations, following established procedures and guidelines
- Communicates effectively with staff and public, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the position including walking stairways, long distances, and standing for long periods of time, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 40 lbs
- Provides security/safety for staff, patrons, building and grounds.
- Patrols library building and grounds.
- Responds to emergencies and maintenance issues and provides support as needed.
- Explains to public and enforces library Patron Behavior Policy and other policies.
- Works with local police department when warranted.
- Writes incident reports for qualifying incidents.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding safety/security procedures, policies, equipment and needs.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
This is an at-will position that reports to the Library Director.
HOURS: Part-time, approximately 15-25 hours per week, evenings and weekends required.
STARTING PAY: $10.00 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled.
Resume, Cover Letter and Three Professional References to: Darlene Hellenberg, Interim Director
Ferndale Area District Library
222 E. Nine Mile Rd.
Ferndale, MI 48220
The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements. The Ferndale Area District Library reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of its business.